- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 pack Raw salmon portions
- 330g Straight to Wok noodles (I used udon)
- 100g Pak choi (stem removed and cut into strips)
- 100g Tender stem broccoli (cut into halves)
- ½ (60g) Red onion – peeled and sliced
- 10g Ginger – peeled and cut into fine strips or grated
- 100g small bunch Coriander sprigs
- 1-2tbsp Sunflower oil
- Half a Red chilli – sliced (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 3tbsp (25g) Soy sauce
- 1tbsp (15g) Honey
- 1 (30g) Lime (juice of 1 lime)
- 1tsp (11g) Gochujang / chilli paste (or 1 tsp diced red chillies)
- 2tbsp Sesame oil
- For the Pickled cabbage (Optional)
- 1 tsp Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- 1tbsp Vinegar (rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar)
- 100g Red cabbage – core removed and thinly sliced
Pre-heat oven (180°c fan / 200°c / gas 6)
To make the dressing mix all the ingredients together and sit to one side
Remover the salmon portions from the pack and mix a tablespoon of dressing around the salmon. If possible marinade the salmon in the fridge for ½ hour before placing the salmon onto a non stick baking tray.
Cook the salmon for 22 minutes or until cooked
While the salmon is cooking heat a wok or frying pan and add the sunflower oil. Add the broccoli, red onions, pak choi, ginger and chilli (if using) and cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Add the noodles and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Add the remaining dressing to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
Divide the noodle onto 2 plates. Serve with the salmon and garnish with coriander.
Chef’s tip: For a little extra flavour and texture boost, add some pickled cabbage when stir frying the vegetables.
Method for Optional Pickled Cabbage:
Mix all ingredients together and leave for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge
Drain the cabbage well (discard the liquid) before adding to the stir fry