- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 pack MOWI smoked salmon sliced into 1cm wide strips
- 1-2 Banana shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 120g Roasted red pepper cut into thin strips 1 pepper if fresh or 2-3 roasted peppers from a jar
- 1 tbsp Sundried tomato paste
- 1 clove Garlic crushed or finely chopped
- ½ Fresh red chilli de-seeded and finely chopped OR
- a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 125ml Dry white wine 1 glass
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill chopped
- 5 tbsp Crème fraiche
- 1 Lemon juice & zest
- 400g Pasta – e.g. fettuccine or Mafalda Corta
- 3-4 tbsp Fresh grated parmesan
- Flat leaf parsley chopped enough to sprinkle over 4 bowls
First start the sauce. In a deep frying pan, sweat the shallots for a few minutes in olive oil until soft and translucent (without browning).
While the onions are cooking boil the kettle and fill a large pan with boiling water and add a teaspoon of salt.
Bring to the boil, add your pasta and cook according to the packs instructions keeping a rolling boil on your water.
Once the shallots are soft add the red pepper to the frying pan along with the sundried tomato paste, chilli and garlic and cook for one minute.
Add the wine and simmer until it has almost gone
Stir in the crème fraiche and warm through.
Stir in the smoked salmon, chopped dill and lemon zest.
Season with salt and pepper, add ½ the lemon juice and taste and add the rest of the lemon juice if you prefer.
Keep warm until the salmon has turned opaque and pasta is ready
Add a generous serving spoon of pasta water and stir through.
Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and mix well.
To finish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Smoked salmon pasta with roasted red pepper and dill