- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 Salmon portions
- 250g Sachet of cooked mixed grains (e.g. bulgar wheat, red & white quinoa, red or wild rice)
- 3tbsp (20g) Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- 1 Red onion – peeled, halved and then cut into wedges
- 1 Red pepper- halved, deseeded then each half cut into 5-6 strips
- ½ (300g) Medium size Butternut squash – peeled, seeds removed and cut into 1cm chunks
- 3-4 Garlic cloves (left in their skin but crushed with the palm of your hand)
- For the Piri Piri marinade:
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- ½ a Red Chilli – deseeded and finely diced
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove – crushed
- Pinch of Salt, Pepper and Sugar
- Small bunch of Coriander – chopped
- For the Dressing:
- 1 lime – juice of a ½ lime and cut the other half into 2 wedges
- 3tbsp (90g) Greek yogurt
- 3-4 sprigs Fresh mint – chopped
Pre-heat oven (180°c fan / 200°c / gas 6)
Make the Piri Piri dressing – mix all the ingredients together then tumble a spoonful around the salmon and place the salmon in the fridge until required.
Place the red onions, garlic, butternut squash and red peppers on to a roasting tray. Season with salt, pepper and mix the rest of the Piri Piri marinade around the vegetables.
Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes (or until the vegetables are cooked).
While the vegetables are cooking make the yogurt dressing. Place the yogurt into bowl add the lime juice, mint and season. Mix well. If the dressing is too thick add a tbsp of water and mix through. Place in fridge until needed.
After 10 minutes of the vegetables being in the oven, put the salmon portions on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
When the salmon and vegetables are ready remove from the oven. Heat up the mixed grains by following the cooking instructions on the back of pack and mix through the roasted vegetables. Squeeze the remaining half of lime over the salmon and vegetables.
Divide onto 2 plates and drizzle over the yogurt dressing.
Chef’s tip: Alternatively look for Mowi Piri Piri roast salmon. To heat up, loosely wrap in tin foil and bake for 12 -14 minutes.
Piri Piri salmon with roasted vegetables and mixed grains