- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- 300 g Salmon cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 - 12 Heritage Tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 preserved lemon, skinned, finely sliced & juiced
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- Salt and pepper
Mix together the olive oil, seeds, sumac, red wine vinegar & the salt & pepper.
Add the preserved lemon juice, leave to marinate for 5 minutes to allow the flavour to penetrate.
In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, red onion, sumac, preserved lemon & pomegranate seeds.
Now add the olive oil & red wine vinegar, adjust seasoning if required.
In a non-stick pan sear the marinated salmon for 20 seconds on each side. Set aside.
Arrange the salad in the centre of the plate. Place the salmon just coming off the salad.
Garnish with a little coriander.
Recipe kindly contributed by Roy Brett of the Ondine Restaurant in Edinburgh