- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 tbsp Flavourless oil (sunflower or vegetable)
- 2 cloves Garlic – crushed
- Ginger – grated – thumbsized piece
- 60g Sugarsnap peas – thinly sliced
- 60g Tenderstem broccoli – roughly chopped
- 1 Medium carrot – grated
- 3 Spring onions – chopped – (green parts set aside)
- 80g Kimchi – chopped
- 200g Wholegrain rice – pouch (or leftover handmade rice)
- 2 MOWI fresh salmon fillets
- For the sauce
- 3 tbsp Kimchi juice
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Gochujang (or hot sauce)
Combine the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. Prepare all of your ingredients.
In a small frying pan, heat 1tsp oil over a medium high heat. Season the salmon and cook skin-side-down for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp. Turn over the salmon and cook for a further minute. Remove the pan from the heat but leave the salmon in the pan to continue cooking in the residual heat.
Meanwhile, make the rice. Heat 1tbsp oil in a wok over a high heat. When hot add the ginger and garlic, stirring quickly, heat until fragrant (about a minute). Add the sugar snap peas and broccoli. Stir fry for around 5 minutes until softened. Add the carrots, the white part of the spring onions and half the sauce and fry for two further minutes. Add the kimchi and cook for a further minute. Add the rice and the remaining sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed and the rice is heated through, you may find chopsticks helpful for this.
Divide the rice between two serving bowls. Place the salmon alongside, skin-side-up. Sprinkle over the chopped spring onions greens.
Kimchi fried rice