- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 pack Smoked salmon
- 1tsp Wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp Pickled ginger (cut into fine strips)
- Small handful of coriander leaves or micro-coriander (optional)
- 2 Spring onions (finely sliced at an angle)
- ½ Red chilli (halved, deseeded and finely sliced)
- 1tsp Sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1 tbsp Orange juice
- For Ponzu dressing
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- For Pickled radish (optional)
- 4-5 Salad radish (thinly sliced) or can be replaced with shredded Mooli (also known as white radish or Daikon)
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Rice wine vinegar
To make the pickled radish, mix the sliced radish with the salt, sugar and vinegar. Cover with film and place in the fridge for at least an hour. Drain and discard the liquid before serving.
Make the Ponzu dressing. Place mirin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime juice and orange juice in a bowl and mix.
Open the pack of smoked salmon and place onto a plate or cut into strips.
Sprinkle over the smoked salmon – sliced spring onions, red chilli strips, coriander and sesame seeds or serve in small bowls at the side of the smoked salmon
Serve with ginger, pickled radish and wasabi paste.
Serve the ponzu dressing as a dipping sauce or pour over the salmon.
Chef’s tip: For an alternative Ponzu dressing replace the orange & lime juice with Yuzu juice.
Japanese inspired Smoked salmon (a cheat’s sashimi)