- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Honey roast salmon portions (or you could use Mowi Scandinavian style roast salmon portions)
- ½ pack Baby potatoes
- 1 pack lettuce leaves (rocket, watercress, pea shoots or any other preferred salad leaves)
- Handful of preferred Green vegetables (choose from samphire, peas, green beans, asparagus, tender stem broccoli)
- Small buch of soft herbs (parsley, chives, dill, chervil) optional
- For the dressing:
- 3tbsp Crème fraiche (use half fat for healthier option)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp Vinegar (white wine or cider vinegar)
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
Place the potatoes into a pan, season with salt and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and leave to cool slightly or until they are warm to touch, then slice or half the potatoes.
While the potatoes are cooking make the dressing. Place the crème fraiche, mustard, vinegar and dill in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper and mix. Cover the dressing and place in the fridge until needed.
Blanch the vegetables (e.g. broccoli, asparagus etc) for a couple of minutes in boiling salted water and then refresh in cold water and drain well. Be careful not to over cook the vegetables. Keep them firm and crisp.
Flake the salmon into a large bowl. Add the lettuce leaves, vegetables and potatoes (for the picture I used pea shoots, broad beans, samphire, green beans & flat parsley).
Remove the dressing from the fridge and pour over the salad. Gently mix the dressing though the salad, mixing all the ingredients together.
Divide onto 2 plates or serve in a large bowl
Chef’s tip: For an alternative, replace the hot smoked salmon with smoked salmon. Just slice the smoked salmon into 10mm ribbons and mix through the salad
Hot smoked salmon salad with baby potatoes & watercress